What is the YAD program?
The Limmud Atlanta & Southeast Young Adult Development (YAD) Program is an exciting and meaningful chance to participate in a robust and quality training that will provide you with the tools and guidance to be an outstanding emerging leader both in Limmud and within the greater Jewish community.
In this program you will meet with some incredible local leaders in the Jewish world and explore your own leadership style. Participation in this program is competitive and awarded to ten highly qualified young adults who want to grow as leaders and make an impact in the Jewish community.
Benefits of the YAD program include:
- FREE LimmudFest registration with housing in “tent city” (bring your own tent, full access to restroom and shower facilities) OR be provided with a $200 credit to stay in another housing option of your choosing
- EXCLUSIVE ACCESS to training and consultation with local specialists in the fields of leadership and Jewish community
Requirements for Applicants:
- Be between the ages of 22-32 by LimmudFest 2019
- Have a strong desire to be an active participant in the Jewish community and emerge as a leader and role model
- Agree to participate in the program as outlined, missing no more than 2 meetings between March – October and guaranteeing attendance at the first session
- Join a LimmudFest planning team of your choosing
- Attend LimmudFest over Labor Day weekend at the beautiful Camp Ramah Darom
The Limmud YAD Program Schedule is outlined to the right. Please note the following details to the schedule:
There will be 1 training session per month. Each session provides unique content which cannot be made up in the other trainings (and that you won’t want to miss!). Each is an essential piece to the robust overall program being provided to you. Therefore, no more than 2 sessions can be missed in order to be included as a YAD and receive YAD benefits. LimmudFest in September is a mandatory program that cannot be missed.
- We will provide you with a meal at each training session as well as snacks and beverages throughout.
- Optional social activities may be offered as an opportunity to bond with the cohort or to participate in greater Jewish community events. Any costs or fees associated with these activities will not be covered by the YAD program. You will be notified about these activities via email as they are made available.
- Additional details about each gathering (such as locations, session titles and leaders) will continue to be added to the schedule. You will be notified immediately when updated. We will also email you with more information about the content of each session before it occurs in order to prepare you fully.
- All specific dates and times are final and should be scheduled into your calendar upon acceptance to the program.
- Any optional pieces to the program will be clearly identified as such.
Limmud YAD Cohort 2019 Program Schedule
Topic: Creating the Cohort: Crafting the Unique YAD Experience
Facilitator: Gabrielle Adler, Senior Southern Regional Manager of Moishe House
Date: Sunday, March 24th 2:30 – 5:00pm
Topic: Local Landscape of the Jewish Community -Based on the Front Porch Findings
Facilitator: Jodi Lox Mansbach, Chief Impact Officer at Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta
Date: Tuesday, April 9th, 6:00- 8:00 pm
Topic: Community Leadership: volunteer-based leadership
Facilitator: Lilly Brent, Atlanta Director of Repair the World
Date: Wednesday, May 22nd, 6:00-8:00 pm
Topic: Limmud Leadership: An International Movement
Date: Sunday, June 16th 11:00 am-1:00 pm
Topic: How to Actively Listen as a Leader
Facilitator: McKenzie Wren, Facilitator and Consultant, CEO of Wren Consulting
Date: Wednesday, July 10th 6:00-8:00 pm
Topic: YOU as a Leader: Mapping the Journey
Facilitator: Dr. Jennie Rivlin, Founder of Dr. Rivlin’s Business Strategy and Leadership Coaching
Date: Monday, August 12th, 6:00-8:00 pm
Topic: LimmudFest, Labor Day Weekend
Date: Labor Day Weekend Friday, August 30-Monday, September 2
Topic: Cohort Afterparty and Feedback Session
Date: Saturday, October 19th at 6:00-8:00 pm